COVID-19 Contactless Service Guide
The Government of Ontario recently announced that churches are permitted to resume in-person worship services starting June 12, 2020 with a limit on attendance of 30% of the building’s capacity, and with appropriate health and safety measures in place.
Lighthouse Church is delighted to welcome you back to our in-person worship services! While we are super excited to see you again, our Sunday services will look a little different than what you might be used to. We’ve made a few changes to comply with the provincial requirements and to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Before Planning a Visit
Use the following 3 questions to self-screen. If you answer “yes” to any of these, please stay home and join us online on https://lighthouseottawa.online.church
Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- New or worsening cough
- Difficulty breathing/shortness of breath
- Rigors or chills
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Nasal congestion
- Hoarse voice
- Digestive symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore muscles
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
Have you been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone who is currently COVID-19 positive or who has symptoms of COVID-19 and is awaiting test results?
Have you travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
The Day of Service
Entering the church
- Check-ins on arrival will be mandatory for our records and to notify you in case of a positive test
- Bring your own face mask and wear it for the duration of service
- A Guest Services member will greet you at the door and ask you screening questions
- There will be separate access points for entry and exit. Doors will be propped open.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations will be available at entry and exits in the church
- Frequent disinfecting/sanitizing of high touch areas will be performed
- Visible signage will direct movement through one-way aisles
- Elevator entry will be limited to 2 people at a time to ensure distancing
- We encourage guests in high risk groups (60 years or older, chronic respiratory or cardiac disease, or immune-compromised individuals etc.) to consider staying home and joining us online instead. https://lighthouseottawa.online.church
- Services will be complete with worship, teaching, and prayer
- No separate service for Lighthouse KIDS (they’ll worship with the adults)
- Live indoor singing is temporarily on hold, however services will still incorporate non-live or instrumental music worship
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet (2 metres) will be adhered to (with the exception of families or individuals who live in the same household who do not need to distance and will be permitted to sit together in clusters).
- Appropriate signage supporting physical distancing will be in place
- Seating capacity will be reduced to support physical distancing
- Handshaking, hugging, or any other form of physical contact is discouraged
- Frequent handwashing or sanitizing will be encouraged throughout service
- Bathroom entry will be limited to two people at a time to ensure distancing (with the exception of parents of small children)
- Giving/donations are encouraged via contactless methods only (e.g. Tithely, text-to-give, Interac E-transfers). Cash giving is currently not accepted.
- Gathering indoors after service should be minimized or if necessary, should be done with maintenance of appropriate physical distancing
Services will take place on Sunday mornings. Over the next few weeks to months, we will continue to monitor the Ottawa Public Health and Provincial Guidelines and update this guide with any changes. Let’s all remember to do our part to stop the spread, and be WISE.